The association of alumni, friends and supporters of physics at Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität
The Verein der Ehemaligen, Freunde und Förderer der Physik an der Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität München e. V. is a registered association headquartered in Munich.
Aims and purpose of the association
The association pursues exclusively and clearly non-profit ends in the spirit of the section on "tax-benefited causes" in Germany's General Fiscal Law (Abgabenordnung). The association does not act in selfish interest and does not primarily pursue its own commercial benefit. Funds may only be used for purposes as stipulated. Members receive no remuneration from the association's funds. No person is to benefit from expenditures alien to the purposes of the association or from disproportionably high payments.
The purpose of the association is to promote science and research and to promote education. The association supports:
- the physics faculty in the fulfilment of its research and teaching writ by collecting funds for scientific research and an expanded range of courses,
- the physics faculty in the public presentation and representation of its research and teaching,
- the physics faculty in practice-oriented training through contact with businesses and research institutes,
- the physics faculty in gathering resources for research and teaching from and through alumni and former staff of the faculty.
These aims of association are to be realized through the collection of funds and their dispersal to the physics faculty at LMU Munich.
Board of Directors
The Board of Directors consists of three members. They are:
- the Dean of the Faculty of Physics at LMU Munich
- the Director of the Department of Physics at LMU Munich
- the Managing Director of the Department of Physics at LMU Munich
Faculty of Physics
Tel.: +49 (0)89 / 2180 5389