LMU Munich Physics Home

Language Selection

Breadcrumb Navigation


Plan Your Exchange

Learning Agreement and Transfer of Credits

Courses taken at a foreign university can be recognized for your studies in physics at LMU, assuming that they do not differ significantly from a comparable course offered by the Faculty of Physics at LMU.

Before your exchange, you have to fill in a Learning Agreement, which determines the courses you want to take and which of those you consider for recognition. Erasmus students must conclude such an agreement. Find out more about the Erasmus+ Learning Agreement. LMUexchange students are advised to do so, too.

After your return you need to decide on the basis of the transcript of records issued by the host university, if you either want to have credits transfered or not. In case you wish to do so, you have to submit a Request for Recognition of Credits to the physics examination office. See After Your Return for more information on the process of transferring credits.