Bachelor's and Master's Theses
The Bachelor's and Master's theses are core module of the respective degree programs.
Finding a topic and supervisor
Topics for Bachelor's or Master's theses should be closely related to the latest research in the respective field. It is therefore not possible to provide a (static) list of theses topics over here. However, the several work groups regularly publish available Bachelor’s & Master’s thesis projects on their websites.
Please note, that you may always contact a work group or a professor to discuss a possible individual thesis project.
Bachelor's or Master's theses by work group
Chair of Astrophysics
- Theoretical Meteorology: Bachelor's theses (german), Master's theses
- Experimental Meteorology: Bachelor's theses (german), Master's theses
Chairs of Experimental Physics
- BioMolecular Optics
- Biophysics and Molecular Materials
- Elementary Particle Physics
- Nanophotonics Group
- Attosecond Physics
- Laser Spectroscopy: Prof. Dr. Hänsch, Prof. Dr. Weinfurter
- Medical Physics
- Photonics and Optoelektronics
- Quantum Optics
- Soft Condensed Matter Physics
- LMUinnovativ Work Group Systems Biophysics
- LMUinnovativ Work Group Physics of Nanosystems
Chairs of Theoretical Physics
- Theoretical Astroparticle Physics and Cosmology
- Computational and Plasma Physics
- Theoretical Solid State Physics: Bachelor's theses, Master's theses
- Mathematical Physics and String Theory
- Theoretical Nanophysics
- Statistical and Biological Physics
- Theoretical Particle Physics
Chair of Physics Education
- Thesis Projects (german)
Please check the website of the examination office for further information and regulations applying to Bachelor's and Master's theses.